- ROS 2 Hardware Acceleration Working Group - meeting #9
- ROS developers choice awards
- NVIDIA cranks up the volume on Arm CPU And Omniverse software
- Qualcomm wants to buy Arm stake after NVIDIA deal collapse
- Robot sales hit record high in first quarter of 2022
- Siemens streamlines, secures embedded RISC-V development with latest Nucleus ReadyStart solution
- ADLINK spins out ZettaScale Technologies with a strategic investment from TTTech Auto
- FPGA retargeting: the why, what and how
- Vultr slices up GPUs on the cloud to democratize acceleration
- Advancing autonomous Valet functionality with parking sign assist
- Making robotics easier with BenchBot and NVIDIA Isaac Sim
ROS 2 Hardware Acceleration Working Group
Source: ROS Discourse, May 31, 2022 
We touch on ROS 2 Humble transition and analysis and visualization of the ROS 2 flow. As part of the meeting, we had Christophe Bourque Bédard telling us about extensions to ros2_tracing with the analysis and visualization of the flow of messages across distributed ROS 2 systems.
Source: Forbes, May 30, 2022 
The Grace "SuperChip" Arm CPU (due in 2023) represents a strategic thrust for the company. NVIDIA is now projecting a $150B 2030 market in AI and HPC. That is nearly a half trillion dollars of new business that NVIDIA and its competitors are chasing.
Source: Verdict, May 31, 2022 
Qualcomm seemingly has a plan to skirt the competition woes that scuppered Nvidia's Arm takeover in February.
Source: The Robot Report, June 1, 2022 
Robot sales increased 28% from Q1 of 2021, when North American companies purchased 9,098 units, to 11,595 units sold in 2022. Sales increased 43% from $466 million in Q1 2021, to $646 million in 2022.
Source: Siemens Digital Industries Software, May 25, 2022 
Siemens Digital Industries Software announced availability of its leading Nucleus ReadyStart solution for embedded development targeting the fast-growing adoption of the RISC-V architecture.
Source: ADLINK Technology, May 31, 2022 
The investment is the start of a partnership to expand ZettaScale Technologies’ middleware to the automotive market.
Source: New Electronics, May 26, 2022 
The practice of retargeting an existing design from one FPGA technology to another has received a lot of attention. Why should design teams consider this strategy?
Source: The Next Platform, May 24, 2022 
Vultr has launched a new service that pairs a virtual machine with a fractional part of an Nvidia A100 GPU. The Vultr Talon service is based on Nvidia's AI Enterprise suite and also uses its Multi-Instance GPU (MIG) technology.
Source: NVIDIA Technical Blog, May 25, 2022 
DRIVE Labs shows how AI-based live perception can help scale autonomous parking to regions across the globe. Autonomous parking involves an array of complex perception and decision-making algorithms. Adding to this complexity, a system must understand and interpret parking rules that vary from region to region.
Source: NVIDIA Technical Blog, May 27, 2022 
We recently upgraded BenchBot to the new NVIDIA Isaac Sim platform. Our goal is to give you the tools to start working on your own robotics projects and research. We share how we created BenchBot and what it enables, and where we plan to take it in the future.
Hardware Acceleration in Robotics Newsletters
- Hardware Acceleration in Robotics #11 - ROS 2 Humble Hawksbill Release, NVIDIA robotics perception performance improvement for ROS 2 and more
- Hardware Acceleration in Robotics #10 - ROS 2 Humble Hawksbill with Yocto and PetaLinux, AMD's robotics starter kit for the factory of the future and more
- Hardware Acceleration in Robotics #9 - RobotCore, RISC-V CEO seeks 'world domination', NVIDIA Jetson AGX Orin, Qualcomm unveils RB6 platform and RB5 AMR reference design and more
- Hardware Acceleration in Robotics #8 - Clearpath announces TurtleBot4 flexible addition to the ROS2 ecosystem, AMD EPYC processors include FPGA AI engines and more
- Hardware Acceleration in Robotics #7 - ROS 2 HAWG - meeting #8, ROS 2 Nodes for Perception, using NVIDIA Jetson to create real-time multi-camera pipelines and more
- Hardware Acceleration in Robotics #6 - ROS 2 Hardware Acceleration Architecture including cloud, Nav2 integration with NVIDIA Isaac ROS GEMs, RISC-V chip adoption and more
- Hardware Acceleration in Robotics #5 - Global robot software market to reach 7527 million $ in 2025, NVIDIA medical-grade chip with hardware acceleration and more
- Hardware Acceleration in Robotics #4 - Single-Chip Processors, a technical review of NVIDIA Jetson Orin and the new ROS 2 iRobot Create 3 and more
- Hardware Acceleration in Robotics #3 - Hardware-accelerated ROS 2 Pipelines, The Robotic Processing Unit (RPU) and more
ROS 2 Hardware Acceleration Working Group meetings
- Hardware Acceleration WG, meeting #8
- Hardware Acceleration WG, meeting #7
- Hardware Acceleration WG, meeting #6
- Hardware Acceleration WG, meeting #5
- Hardware Acceleration WG, meeting #4
- Hardware Acceleration WG, meeting #3
- Hardware Acceleration WG, meeting #2
- Hardware Acceleration WG, meeting #1
Hardware Acceleration WG, meeting #9. https://discourse.ros.org/t/hardware-acceleration-wg-meeting-9/25499 ↩︎
Freund, K. (2022, May 30). NVIDIA Cranks Up The Volume On Arm CPU And Omniverse Software. Forbes. https://www.forbes.com/sites/karlfreund/2022/05/30/nvidia-cranks-up-the-volume-on-arm-cpu-and-omniverse-software/?sh=3923365c5b5d ↩︎
Johansson, E. (2022, May 31). Qualcomm wants to buy arm stake after Nvidia deal collapse. Verdict. https://www.verdict.co.uk/qualcomm-wants-to-buy-arm-stake-after-nvidia-deal-collapse/ ↩︎
Wessling, B. (2022, June 1). Robot sales hit record high in first quarter of 2022. The Robot Report. https://www.therobotreport.com/robot-sales-hit-record-high-in-first-quarter-of-2022/ ↩︎
Siemens streamlines, secures embedded RISC-V development with latest nucleus ReadyStart solution. (2022, May 25). Siemens Digital Industries Software. https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/global/en/our-story/newsroom/siemens-nucleus-readystart-risc-v/107853 ↩︎
ADLINK. (2022, May 31). ADLINK spins out ZettaScale technologies with a strategic investment from TTTech auto | ADLINK. ADLINK Technology. https://www.adlinktech.com/en/news/tttech-investment-into-zettascale-spinout?utm_campaign=general dds&utm_content=oktopost-linkedin&utm_medium=social&utm_source=linkedin ↩︎
Mallela, S.(2022, May 26). New Electronics. https://www.newelectronics.co.uk/content/features/fpga-retargeting-the-why-what-and-how ↩︎
Robinson, D. (2022, May 24). Vultr slices up GPUs on the cloud to democratize acceleration. The Next Platform. https://www.nextplatform.com/2022/05/24/vultr-slices-up-gpus-on-the-cloud-to-democratize-acceleration/ ↩︎
Zou, K., Farooq, M. M., & Dou, H. (2022, May 25). Advancing autonomous valet functionality with parking sign assist. NVIDIA Technical Blog. https://developer.nvidia.com/blog/advancing-autonomous-valet-functionality-with-parking-sign-assist/ ↩︎
Talbot, B., Hall, D., & Suenderhauf, N. (2022, May 27). Making robotics easier with BenchBot and NVIDIA Isaac Sim. NVIDIA Technical Blog. https://developer.nvidia.com/blog/making-robotics-easier-with-benchbot-and-isaac-sim/ ↩︎